We are looking for a motivated salesperson to join our team, the job role includes;
Basic Job Description
- Researching possible new customer leads in U.K and Europe.
- Making contact and building relationships with customers.
- Visiting existing customers.
- Securing customer orders and working with the production team to make them run smoothly.
- Monitoring your orders through production to make sure they are on schedule.
Initially, you will shadow an experienced salesperson learning the product range and how we operate. You will build a basic working knowledge of how the production process works, which is crucial to being an effective sales executive.
You will be required to travel in the UK and Europe on a regular basis however, you will be based in Leeds. We want someone who is driven and confident to approach large high street retailers. You will be working with the management team and the directors on a daily basis and need to be able to communicate well with everyone, asking for advice when you think appropriate.
We offer a competitive basic salary with performance based pay. This role has excellent potential for you to progress through the company.
Why Alfred Brown?
We are a hugely successful business that has been operating profitably for over 100 years. The company is still owned and run by the Brown family, who add the spark that drives the company forward.
As a textile manufacturer, we are respected for delivering quality fabrics on time, to an exceptional standard. If you are successful in your application, you will be working alongside some of the best textile salespeople in the industry, safe in the knowledge that you will be backed up by a smooth running modern manufacturing plant.
As a friendly but hard working family business, we work closely together as a management team. As an employer, we work with our employees to better them and thus grow the company as a whole.
- You must submit a comprehensive covering letter specifically tailored to this application.
- Regrettably, we cannot accept colorblind candidates, as checking fabric shade is a crucial part of the job.
- It would give you a distinct advantage if you speak another language such as; French, German, Spanish, Chinese. However, this is not crucial.
- Textile experience is not necessary (but would be a distinct advantage).
- Good communication skills and the ability to negotiate.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Strong IT skills are key for working on the move, (using excel, Remote Desktop, app-based barcode scanning software etc.)
- Minimum Strong A-level results but a relevant degree in business, sales or marketing would be better.
If you have any questions about the role please do not hesitate to ask.
If you’re interested in applying, please do so by one of the following methods:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Salesperson Role)